Monument record BNH 024 - Cropmarks of a Bronze Age round barrow.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8656 7889 (51m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||BARNHAM, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (5)
Ring ditch, W end of village (R1). Probably part of EBA barrow cluster (S1)(R1).
See BNH 004, BNH 005, BNH 023, BNH 025.
March 2018. 'Brecks from Above' and Breckland National Mapping Programme.
The cropmarks of a former Bronze Age round barrow are visible on aerial photographs (S2-S4). The barrow forms part of a cluster of up to seven barrows forming a barrow cemetery overlooking the Little Ouse River and a minor tributary (BNH 120).
S. Horlock (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 10th March 2018.
- <R1> SSF12975 (No record type): OS, AP 76 129-353, 2 July 1976.
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL87NE28.
- <S2> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. OS/67065 V 028-029 27-APR-1967 (HEA Original Print).
- <S3> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. MAL/76042 V 074-075 10-JUN-1976 (HEA Original Print).
- <S4> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. OS/76129 V 353-354 02-JUL-1976 (HEA Original Print).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Oct 14 2019 4:46PM