Monument record LML 005 - 'Seven Hills' Barrow Group
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8630 7366 (25m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||LITTLE LIVERMERE, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Round barrow, part of the 'Seven Hills' group (see ING 004, LML 002, 004). Situated in a mixed plantation. Excavated by Paley of Ampton Hall (undated)(S1).
1962: Bowl barrow, measures 22.5m in diameter and 1.7m high. No trace of a ditch. Although the large trees which formerly surmounted it have been cut down the mound is covered with undergrowth and there is a large central mutilation (S1).
1969: 5 feet high and 50 feet diameter. Overgrown slit-trench (?) near centre (S2).
1976: In woodland. Many small trees, ferns and brambles on mound, which is 1.59m high and 17.6m in diameter. Hole in the centre of the mound (S3). 1981: 5 feet high and 50 feet diameter, covered in scrubby trees. T-shaped trench on summit (S2).
1986: As in 1981. Ditch ? represented by slight depression on N side. Clump of deciduous trees on summit (S2).
1999: Scheduled area revised (to include LML 002, 004 & ING 004). Details in (S2).
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (5)
- Event - Intervention: Excavated by Paley, Ampton Hall. (Ref: Paley, Ampton Hall.) (ESF14972)
- Event - Survey: Site Visit by DOE (Goad J G) (Ref: DOE (Goad J G)) (ESF12224)
- Event - Survey: Site Visit by DOE (Healy F) (Ref: DOE (Healy F)) (ESF13911)
- Event - Survey: Site Visit by DOE (Paterson H) (Ref: DOE (Paterson H)) (ESF13734)
- Event - Survey: Site Visit by SAU (EM) (Ref: SAU (EM)) (ESF13415)
Record last edited
Jul 9 2019 4:45PM