Monument record FKM 008 - Bronze-Age artefact scatter of pottery, including beaker sherds.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8972 7515 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||FAKENHAM MAGNA, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
`Beaker pottery was also found (on runway extension on E) and sherds taken to Moyses Hall Museum 1955. (From trench)'. Map with correspondence to Grimes locates `beaker (approx)' to TL 9028 7570 (approx)(S3). Same? Found near Barrow (FKM 006) and possibly related to it (S1).
Note other beaker sherd found 1945 - see FKM 006.
- <R1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL87NE9.
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: map.
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, map 15.
- <S2> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, letter to W F Grimes, September 1956.
- <M2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S2)(S3).
- <S3> SSF7172 (No record type): Grimes W F, annotated map, undated.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 15 2021 9:33AM