Monument record SEL 014 - St Michael's Green
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3419 8378 (490m by 499m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||ST MICHAEL, SOUTH ELMHAM, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
St Michael's Green - still in existence as a green (S1).
A portion of a weak angular moat lies to the W of the church (S2). Not a moat but a rectangular farm drainage pond, characteristic of the area (S3).
- <S1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP LG 06.
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. AP: CUCAP LG 06.
- <S2> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. Victoria County History, Suffolk (VCH).
- <S2> SSF59830 Source Unchecked: RCHME?. Various. Field Investigators Comments.
- <S3> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 20 2021 5:56PM