Find Spot record ERL 010 - 'The Pimples', Eriswell
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7311 7731 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||ERISWELL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Axe, greenstone, partly polished 'probably Borrowdale volcanic ash' (S1-S5. OS grid reference, TL 7313 7731, changed to conform with original record map (S2). Pale green, flecked with white and brown. From The Pimples, Dales Hole, Eriswell, just behind scotch [pine] belt on the east side of the road.
- <S1> SSF59873 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1958. OS 6" 1958.
- <S2> SSF55957 Article in serial: Smedley, N. and E. J. Owles. 1958. Archaeology in Suffolk 1958.
- <S3> SSF50231 Unpublished document: Lady Grace Briscoe. Grace Briscoe archive. Diary for 1957, 13 December, sketch.
- <S4> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL77NW33.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jan 26 2021 2:46PM