Monument record HNY 006 - Wood Field
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 017 756 (101m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||HINDERCLAY, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Wood Field lies W of IA site HNY 002; many black patches noted. During ploughing Mr Debenham reported subsidence 6 feet in diameter and Basil Brown investigated hole thought to be old clay pit working. Nearby he found flints (thought to be Neo) and a large sandstone rubber (S1).
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, card index 170.
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive : card index.
- <S2> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S3> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. 1957 pg 181.
- <S4> SSF50062 Bibliographic reference: CBA. Council for British Archaeology Group 7 Bulletin. No. 4 1957.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jan 17 2022 12:56PM