Monument record BUR 003 - Hill House Farm (BA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0864 7589 (50m by 50m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||BURGATE, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
BA barbed and tanged arrowhead, with broken tip, hammer stone and worked flints, found on field W of Hill House during pipelaying in August 1955. The site appears to be IA pottery production site, with evidence of earlier BA occupation (S1).
- --- SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: volumes, card index, map.
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, V 85-88,138; XI,148; LXXI,141; XC, BJO 3,4; XCVI,56; cards 70,72,77; map 32.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Apr 19 2021 7:27PM