Monument record SEC 003 - Rectory; Moats Hall
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 295 842 (104m by 95m)|
|Civil Parish||ST CROSS, SOUTH ELMHAM, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Moat, occupied, isolated, rectangular (3 sides remaining) (S1). Marked on OS 1:10560 but we have no further information from the OS on this site.
February 1998: Scheduled - details in file (S4). Moats Hall itself is not scheduled but moated site the Hall stands in is.
See SCCAS Report 98/37 (S5). Monitored in 1998 - no finds or features seen.
- <S1> SSF18208 (No record type): SAU (West S E), undated.
- <M1> SSF50016 Scheduling record: English Heritage. Scheduled Ancient Monument file. SAM file: (S4).
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. AP: CUCAP BHN 39.
- <S2> SSF12667 (No record type): OS, 1:10560 map,undated.
- <M2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S4).
- <S3> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP BHN 39, 15 December 1971.
- <S4> SSF50016 Scheduling record: English Heritage. Scheduled Ancient Monument file. English Heritage, Scheduling information.
- <S5> SSF50036 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. Various. SAU, Abbott C, SCCAS Report 98/37, April 1998.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
Record last edited
Oct 9 2007 3:25PM