Monument record MDS 034 - Great Lawn/Stone Close (Tithe Map)(OS 79/80)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1076 6674 (207m by 222m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||MENDLESHAM, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1973: Rom scatter found by R Colchester during fieldwalking survey, consisting of 27 rims and 218 sherds. No Samian but looks C1-C2 (S1)(S2)(S3).
Also possible kiln late C1-C2.
- <M1> SSF35804 (No record type): Mendlesham survey archive: copy (S1)(S2).
- <S1> SSF3897 (No record type): Colchester R, Mendlesham survey record sheet, site 34, 1973.
- <S2> SSF3851 Unpublished document: Colchester R. c. 1977. A landscape history of the parish of Mendlesham.
- <S3> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM16NW24.
- FSF2377: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD to 99 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jun 30 1988 12:00AM