Monument record MNL 018 - Findspot of a large Bronze-Age perforated axe-hammer.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6547 7869 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Large perforated axe-hammer of grey quartzite (?), weighing 4.5 pounds (S1). Cited map reference of (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s).
Photograph and sketch drawing with MIHLM. Found by the late Mr Sparks, S of Moxon's (Forty) Farm, previous to 2 March 1959. Dimensions 6.75 inches x 3.5 inches (S4) (S5).
- <M1> SSF38949 (No record type): Grace Briscoe archive: diaries.
- <S1> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Archaeol in Suff, 1959, PSIA, 28, 1959, (2), 165.
- <S2> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Neo, 1959.
- <S3> SSF3422 (No record type): CBA, Group 7, Bulletin 6, 1959, 8.
- <S4> SSF11287 (No record type): MIHLM, card SF/V/58.
- <S5> SSF1519 (No record type): Briscoe Lady G, diary for 1959, 2nd March.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 19 2013 12:01PM