Monument record MNL 025 - Cooks Drove, Mildenhall (Mesolithic-Neolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6539 7768 (51m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1967: Broken leaf shaped arrowhead found in February 1967 by Colin Pendleton on weathered ploughed field surface (S1).
Recorded findspot TL 654 777 (S2-S4) inaccurate, should be TL 6540 7768 (S1).
The identification of a large flint lance head recorded as from TL 654 777 (S2-S5) is not correct. No find of this description is known from or near to this location (S1).
Also convex backed point, (S5).
- <S1> SSF15678 Unpublished document: Pendleton C F. 1987. Catalogue of finds and findspots,1965-1987, unpublished. Pendleton C, Catalogue of finds and findspots, 1965-1987, unpublished.
- <S2> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Archaeol in Suff 1967, PSIA, 31, 1967, (1), 80.
- <S2> SSF55956 Article in serial: Owles, E. & Smedley, N.. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1967.
- <S3> SSF3417 Bibliographic reference: Council for British Archaeology. 1967. Group 7, Bulletin 14,. CBA, Group 7, Bulletin 14, 1967, 13.
- <S4> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Neo, 1967.
- <S5> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11652.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jul 22 2020 1:35PM