Monument record SEN 007 - Church of All Saints
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3296 8280 (92m by 90m)|
|Civil Parish||ALL SAINTS AND ST NICHOLAS, SOUTH ELMHAM, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
All Saints' church (rectory) now redundant. Norman nave and round tower. Mentioned in the Taxatio Ecclesiastica of Pope Nicholas IV (circa 1291) and in the Valor Ecclesiasticus of Henry VIII (S1).
St Edmundsbury and Ipswich diocese, Suffolk archdeaconry, Beccles and South Elmham deanery. Structure : chancel, nave, S aisle, S porch, round W tower. Date : Tower Norman, chancel and nave Decorated, rest Perpendicular. Its position is in the centre of the parish (S2).
- <S1> SSF18035 (No record type): SAU (Martin E), 1981.
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. AP: CUCAP, LG 15.
- <S2> SSF20759 (No record type): SAU, Suff parishes, a guide to their archaeol and history, 1984-1985.
- <S3> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP LG 15, 1953.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Feb 20 2012 12:24PM