Monument record MNL 063 - Gravel Farm, Gravel Drove, West Row. (Neolithic-Bronze Age)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6688 7541 (87m by 100m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
"Extensive series Mesolithic (?), Neolithic & Early Bronze Age material all bearing very distinctive patination", (S1).
Also recorded as from Gravel Farm,"from sandy patches on black fen field were recovered a series of forty implements of Neolithic & Early Bronze Age date representing 15 types, including polished axes and barbed arrowheads, all with reticulated yellow patination on grey flint" (S2,S3), and from "20 acre field, Gravel Farm" (S4, S5).
Similarly patinated scatter from MNL 148 & 149.
- <S1> SSF2574 Map: A R Edwardson. BSEMH, 6 inch record map. BSEMH, 6 inch record maps (2), A R Edwardson entries, undated.
- <S2> SSF56287 Article in serial: Smedley, N. and G. W. P. Jarvis. 1956. Archaeology in Suffolk 1956.
- <S3> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL67NE23, 1976.
- <S4> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL67NE23, 1958.
- <S5> SSF2558 Map: A R Edwardson. 1956. BSEMH, 6 inch record map, A R Edwardson entry for 1956. BSEMH, 6 inch record map, A R Edwardson entry for 1956 (not located Jan 1988).
- <S6> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- FSF2454: WORKED OBJECT (Neolithic - 4000 BC? to 2351 BC?)
- FSF2455: POLISHED AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC? to 2351 BC?)
- FSF2456: LEAF ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC? to 2351 BC?)
- FSF2585: WORKED OBJECT (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 1501 BC)
- FSF2586: BARBED AND TANGED ARROWHEAD (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 1501 BC)
- FSF52260: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Dec 11 2020 3:09PM