Monument record FKM 015 - Cropmark complex of unknown date. (Un)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 902 775 (614m by 617m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||FAKENHAM MAGNA, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (5)
Cropmark complex immediately NW of Hercules Went site (FKM 001). Aerial photographs taken 30.5.80, showed pits, ditches, trackways, ? sunken featured buildings and gravel test pits as cropmarks (S1). Probably extension of FKM 001.
Circa 1987: worked flint and undated pottery sherds found fieldwalking by Alan Davison (S2).
25/7/91: APs (NMR) indicate that cropmarks extend to NW, against parish boundary (S4).
- <S1> SSF18886 (No record type): SAU, APs ALD 11-15, 1980.
- <M1> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. APs: ALD 11-15; NAU Temp C/5, C/8; NMR 13351/10-12,16; 13352/1-12.
- <M2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S2).
- <S2> SSF5015 (No record type): Davison A, letter to SAU (Carr R D) & finds list, map, December 1987.
- <S3> SSF11766 (No record type): NAU, APs, Temp S C/5, C/8, July 1991.
- <S4> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR APs 13351/10-12,16; 13352/1-12.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jul 19 2013 1:49PM