Find Spot record MNL 153 - Hayland House, Mildenhall (Mesolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 65 77 (100m by 100m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1933 Microlith found during excavation of Neolithic and Early Bronze Age site by C S Leaf.). Formerly listed as MNL 088.
Map reference cited in (S1) TL 652 769, estimated only (S1). Map reference cited by OS for excavation, TL 650 770 is approximate (S3). Other excavated reworked patinated flint is also probably Mesolithic.
See also Neolithic & Bronze Age records.
- <S1> SSF23378 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J. & Bonsall, C.J.. 1977. Gazetteer of Mesolithic sites in England and Wales, CBA Research Report 20. 262.
- <S2> SSF10506 Article in serial: Leaf, C.S.. 1935. Report on the excavation of two sites in Mildenhall Fen. Leaf C S, Report on the excavation of two sites in Mildenhall Fen, PCAS, 35, 1935, 106-117, (ill).
- <S3> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL67NE3 & 9.
- <S4> SSF59354 Unpublished document: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 1104.
- <S5> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11412.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Apr 24 2020 2:25PM