Poorly Located Find Spot record MNL 1000 - Mildenhall Fen, Mildenhall, (Terminal Palaeolithic- Mesolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TL 64 84 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Pre 1897: Greenstone? Pebble mace-head with hour glass perforation from Mildenhall Fen. Generalised location only (S1-S5).
1869: MesolithicTranchet Axe found, British Museum.
Pre 1919: MesolithicTranchet Axe found, British Museum.
1875: Terminal Palaeolithic Blade core, Ipswich Museum, Fenton Collection, (S6)
Also listed under Bronze Age, MNL 986.
Formerly recorded as MNL MISC
- <S1> SSF23378 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J. & Bonsall, C.J.. 1977. Gazetteer of Mesolithic sites in England and Wales, CBA Research Report 20. 262.
- <S2> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Mildenhall General, undated.
- <S3> SSF6117 Bibliographic reference: Evans, J.. 1897. The Ancient Stone implements, weapons and ornaments of Great Britain.
- <S4> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. Victoria County History, Suffolk (VCH). 260.
- <S5> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 1120.
- <S6> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 309, 11539, 11540.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (5)
- Event - Intervention: Casual Observation, Mildenhall Fen, Mildenhall, (ESF27704)
- Event - Intervention: Casual Observation, Mildenhall Fen, Mildenhall, (ESF28098)
- Event - Intervention: Casual Observation, Mildenhall Fen, Mildenhall, (ESF28099)
- Event - Intervention: Casual Observation, Mildenhall Fen, Mildenhall, (ESF28100)
- Event - Interpretation: Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods (ESF26899)
Record last edited
Jul 22 2020 11:09AM