Monument record HWT 001 - 53 & 119 Bedingfield Crescent
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 386 764 (100m by 100m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HALESWORTH, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Polished flint axe, fawn/brown, yellow stains. Length 5 inches, maximum width 2 5/16 inches, maximum thickness 1 1/8 inches. Found in 1965 in donor's garden. The topsoil for this garden was transferred from the Walpole Estate side of the Walpole Road (the side opposite to Bedingfield Crescent) about 1963. The axe may have been included in this topsoil. Given by K J Bryant, 119 Bedingfield Crescent, Halesworth (through Norwich Museum) (S1). Bedingfield Crescent is shown on the 1:10000 map in 1975 but was not in existence when the provisional edition of the 1:10560 map was prepared (S4). 119 Bedingfield Crescent is at TM 3836 7646.
- <S1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 967-93, 1967.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S5).
- <S2> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Archaeol in Suff 1967, PSIA, 31, 1967, (1), 77.
- <S3> SSF15217 (No record type): OS, map TM37NE, 1975.
- <S4> SSF15218 (No record type): OS, map TM37NE, provisional edition, undated.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 23 2012 10:48AM