Monument record WNG 021 - North of Long Plantation, Wangford, (Prehistoric)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7483 8358 (300m by 484m) Centred on|
|Civil Parish||WANGFORD, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1986: Three flint flakes/blades, found fieldwalking (S1).
2008: Rolled and damaged biface found metal detecting, possibly redeposited, (S2)
For other events that did not recover Prehistoric material see also Roman, Saxon, Medieval and Post Medieval records
- <S1> SSF19090 Finds Report: SAU. 1988-1994. WNG 021, Finds reports. SAU, Carr R D, finds report WNG 021, Oct 1988.
- <S1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: finds report.
- <S2> SSF50104 Digital archive: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. Portable Antiquities Database. SF-7DEB05.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
- Event - Interpretation: Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods (ESF26899)
- Event - Survey: Field Visit, North of Long Plantation, Wangford (Ref: SAU (CP)) (ESF12058)
- Event - Intervention: Various Events, North of Long Plantation, Wangford (Ref: Various recorded since 1986) (ESF28015)
Record last edited
May 16 2022 6:32PM