Poorly Located Find Spot record LKH 593 - Undley, Lakenheath, General, (Palaeolithic Items in Cambridge Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TL 6 8 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||LAKENHEATH, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Six hand-axes, a side scraper and a flake with secondary working from Undley, in Cambridge University Museum. Probably deriving from gravel for road- making (S1).
Also later Upper Palaeolithic Material, (S2, S3).
Formerly recorded as LKH MISC
Location is approximate. However note pits at TL 696812 and TL 710817.
- <S1> SSF50084 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J.. 1985. Palaeolithic Sites of East Anglia.
- <S2> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. P 206.
- <S3> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 261, 262, 334, 822.
- FSF4389: HANDAXE (Acheulean - 531000 BC? to 298000 BC?)
- FSF4390: SIDE SCRAPER (Palaeolithic - 1000000 BC? to 9400 BC?)
- FSF50698: RETOUCHED FLAKE (Palaeolithic - 1000000 BC? to 9400 BC?)
- FSF50699: BRUISED BLADE (Terminal Palaeolithic (Ahrensburgian, Long Blade) - 9700 BC to 9400 BC)
- FSF50700: CRESTED BLADE (Terminal Palaeolithic (Ahrensburgian, Long Blade) - 9700 BC to 9400 BC)
- FSF50701: LONG BLADE CORE (Terminal Palaeolithic (Ahrensburgian, Long Blade) - 9700 BC to 9400 BC)
- FSF50702: PENKNIFE POINT (Terminal Palaeolithic (Ahrensburgian, Long Blade) - 9700 BC to 9400 BC)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Aug 4 2020 2:25PM