Find Spot record LKH 453 - Sedge Fen, Lakenheath, (Mesolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TL 6 8 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||LAKENHEATH, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Tranchet axe from `Sedge Fen, Lakenheath', listed as in Cambridge University Museum (S1-S4). Note Sedge Fen spreads into Mildenhall parish and into Cambs and Norfolk. Mesolithic site, LKH 101 (Decoy Fen?), is recorded in this area.
Location is probably generalised, taken from PaMELA Database, (S3).
Formerly recorded as LKH MISC
- <S1> SSF23378 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J. & Bonsall, C.J.. 1977. Gazetteer of Mesolithic sites in England and Wales, CBA Research Report 20. 260.
- <S2> SSF23370 Personal Correspondence: Wymer J J,. Unknown Source. Wymer J J.
- <S3> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11510.
- <S4> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 1062.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Oct 6 2021 3:16PM