Monument record BRD 007 - Fenhouse Farm (BA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 742 868 (367m by 291m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||BRANDON, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Earthworks in Lt Ouse Valley (S1).
Bronze tracer/awl, with pointed, oval sectioned & chisel ended rectangular sectioned ends, 6.0 cms long. Found with metal detector (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s)(S2)(S3)(S4). ? BA or later.
Also sword, small blade fragment, 3.3 cms long, found with metal detector(see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s)(S2)(S3)(S4).
Note swords BRD 033 & BRD 050, from river dredgings & from river bed to N.
Also IA, Rom, Med & Un.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: site report, drawings.
- <S1> SSF5242 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. Scheduling information.
- <S2> SSF10691 (No record type): Mallett, E.. Mallett E, July 1981.
- <M2> SSF37110 (No record type): SAM file:.
- <S3> SSF18011 (No record type): SAU (JP), site report, July 1981 & January 1981.
- <S4> SSF15889 (No record type): Pendleton C, The distribution of BA metalwork in NW Suffolk, BA dissertation, Nottingham, 1985, numb.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Mar 9 2012 5:09PM