Monument record COV 113 - Post Medieval water reservoir, built east of Easton Wood, probably as a fire precaution.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 52228 80249 (37m by 45m)|
|Civil Parish||COVEHITHE, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
A water reservoir, built between 1943 and 1945, presumably as a fire precaution (either for the Coastal Artillery Battery or for the Heavy Anti Aircraft battery), is visible in 1945 at TM 52228024, east of Easton Wood (S1-2). The site has since been eroded away.
Initially numbered as COV 029 during pilot survey of intertial area. Re-numbered Nov 2004
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Nov 10 2004 1:27AM