Monument record SUT 057 - Ditched trackways and linear features of unknown date, Sutton Hoo, Sutton parish (Un)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 29206 48473 (1904m by 1169m)|
|Civil Parish||SUTTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Two ditched trackways and a number of linear ditches features of unknown date are visible as cropmarks on aerial photographs to the south of Sutton Hoo. One trackway runs on a rough east-west alignment for 420m from TM 28264840 to TM 28664846. The other trackway is visible in two main stretches, the first is 260m in length and runs from TM 28444809 to TM 28604813 and the second is 240m in length and runs from TM 28884819 to TM 29104827. The trackways do not appear to relate to either the Prehistoric field system or the possible Post Medieval field system. Other linear features that do not fit into either field system are also visible at TM 28844852, TM 28524872 and TM 28394866. (S1-S5)
See the other SUT 057 records for the Prehistoric and Post Medieval field systems and the anti-glider ditches.
Includes part area of Scheduled Monument SF28.
- <S1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. NMR TM 2848/27 (CAP BXH49) 15-JUN-1976.
- <S2> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. NMR TM 2848/30 (CAP BXH52) 15-JUN-1976.
- <S3> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. NMR TM 2848/31 (CAP BXH53) 15-JUN-1976.
- <S4> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. NMR TM 2848/32 (CAP BXH54) 15-JUN-1976.
- <S5> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 2848/15 (SF1767/82) 04-JUN-1980.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Nov 12 2012 3:47PM