Monument record STU 077 - Possible field boundaries and trackways of unknown date are visible as cropmarks on aerial photographs in fields either side of Church Field Road, St…
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 15777 34563 (422m by 745m)|
|Civil Parish||STUTTON, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
A number of possible field boundaries and trackways of unknown date are visible as cropmarks of ditches on aerial photographs, centred on TM 15893465 in fields to either side of Church Field Road, Stutton. These include an area of linear field boundaries at TM 15803486 which are on the same alignment as a field system visible to the north (HBK 004), a group of possible field boundaries on a different alignment centred on TM 15913464 and two short stretches of possible trackway centred on TM 15813443. A number of other linear ditched features are visible further south but these may have a non-archaeological origin. (S1-S4) The hint of a possible ring ditch is visible, mainly masked by alluvium, at TM 15863415, but this feature has not been mapped as part of the project. (S5)
- <S1> SSF50066 Photograph: OS, AP. NMR OS/66189 114-115 23-JUL-1966.
- <S2> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 1534/1 (956/425) 07-JUN-1976.
- <S3> SSF50066 Photograph: OS, AP. NMR OS/80104 018-019 03-JUN-1980.
- <S4> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 1534/2 (1832/182) 30-JUL-1980.
- <S5> SXS50100 Verbal communication: Newsome, S.. 2001 -. Suffolk Coastal NMP Project. Sarah Newsome 10/03/04.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Oct 1 2009 3:12PM