Monument record DNT 012 - Goymors Farm; Gormors Farm (1880s); Gymers (1836)

Please read our .


Two, L shaped, arms of probable moat.


Grid reference Centred TL 7557 5134 (88m by 79m)
Map sheet TL75SE


Type and Period (3)

Full Description

Two, L shaped, wide, water-filled arms (S & E) of probable moat. Much recently disturbed building debris spread on interior surface, mostly PMed but including largish fragment of worked limestone (left in situ). Presumably remains of extensive range of buildings shown on 1880s OS map when named Gormor's Farm. Named as Gymers on OS 1836 map.
Also large (eratic?) stone on exterior of moat on approx boundary line of Easty Park (see HUD 015) - possible boundary marker? (S1).
Further research needed.

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <S1> Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. Site Report. Pendleton C (SCCAS), field report and map, December 2007.

Finds (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Jan 2 2008 3:57PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.