Monument record SUF 073 - Thetford to Bury St Edmunds railway line

Please read our .

Summary

Thetford to Bury St Edmunds railway line. Opened in 1876.

Location

Grid reference Centred TL 8635 7356 (2518m by 16773m)
Map sheet TL87SE
Civil Parish IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK
Civil Parish AMPTON, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK
Civil Parish BARNHAM, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK
Civil Parish FORNHAM ST GENEVIEVE, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK
Civil Parish FORNHAM ST MARTIN, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK
Civil Parish INGHAM, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK
Civil Parish TIMWORTH, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

Bury to Thetford railway line. It was opened in 1876 and was closed to passengers in 1953 and goods traffic in 1960. It ran through Ingham, Culford and Barnham. Some railway banks remain on the route, other areas have since been built over.
Parts of the line previous numbered under BRH 060

Sources/Archives (0)

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (3)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Jun 9 2016 3:29PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.