Monument record LVT 030 - Possible field boundaries and a rectilinear enclosure of unknown date. (Un)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 234 403 (388m by 727m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||LEVINGTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Remains of field boundaries and ?rectangular enclosures (S1). Also ring ditch, LVT 029.
For excavation within area see LVT 036.
LSax brooch & Rom brooch & coin to NW of cropmarks - see LVT 031.
Rom bronze plate brooch found within LVT 030, probably whilst metal detecting. Found 2002. S3
A number of possible field boundaries and other linear features of unknown date are visible as cropmarks of ditches on aerial photographs, in the field immediately to the(see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s). Features visible beyond the northern boundary of this field are described above but have not been mapped as they are beyond the limits of the survey. The features that have been mapped are centred on (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s) and consist of a number of unrelated linear features and the possible remains of some rectilinear enclosures. The features are orientated on a number of different alignments and do not form a coherent pattern. The date of these ditches is unclear. See LVT 030 for the Medieval trackway which is visible running across the site. (S2) (S3) (S4)
- <S1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP (BXY52) 23-JUN-1975.
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. AP: CUCAP BXY 52.
- <S2> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 2340/2 (956/239) 07-JUN-1976.
- <S3> SSF50104 Digital archive: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. Portable Antiquities Database. Minter, F., SCCAS. Sf8438. March 2002.
- FSF31038: PLATE BROOCH (Roman - 100 AD to 250 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Aug 13 2013 12:32PM