Monument record GLG 002 - Glemham House
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3453 6185 (35m by 71m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||GREAT GLEMHAM, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Glemham House, built in 1814 for Samuel Kilderbee - grey brick, 5 bays on front & 2 storeys. Stables and octagonal dovecote in red brick on W boundary of grounds. For site of earlier Hall see GLG 006, for Mill Farm see GLG 008, for dovecote see GLG 007. For the park, see GLG 014. For the ice-house and gasworks, see GLG 015.
Also see Listed Building details.
See also (R1).
- <S1> SSF12658 (No record type): OS, 1:10560 map, TM 36 SW, circa 1958.
- <R1> SSF23225 Unpublished document: Williamson,T. & Taigel, A.. 1992-1994. A Survey of Historic Parks and Gardens in Suffolk.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: copy (S3).
- <S2> SSF16083 Bibliographic reference: Pevsner N & Radcliffe E. 1974. The Buildings of England: Suffolk. Pevsner N & Radcliffe E, Suffolk, 1975 ed, 237.
- <S3> SSF21989 (No record type): Taigel A, Report on Great Glemham House 1994 (for Suffolk County Council Landscape Section).
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S5> SXS50145 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. 1984. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. DOE (HHR) Blyth Suff 1948 65.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 25 2021 3:31PM