Monument record CUL 024 - Church of St Mary
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8334 7030 (39m by 65m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||CULFORD, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
St Mary's church, Culford, is situated in the grounds of Culford Hall (now a school). There is no record of it in the Domesday book. The church was rebuilt in 1856-1865 by Blomfield. N aisle of 1908. The tower is partly Med. The only interesting features in the church now are the monuments to the Bacon family, these are C17 (S1)(S2).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Nov 13 1991 12:00AM