Monument record HWT 014 - Church of St Mary (Med)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3861 7735 (79m by 90m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||HALESWORTH, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Church, not listed in the Domesday book survey of 1086.
Church of St Mary. Consisted of: C14 arcades; C14/C15 main structure; C15 tower (completed circa 1430, replacing former round tower) and N porch. Visitation by puritan, William Dowsing.
1863: Two N aisles and chapel (vestry) restored, adding outer N chapel. 1868: further restoration adding S aisle and S porch. 1889 repairs. Details in (S1)(S2).
For C9 (?) worked stone, found buried in S aisle, see Sax.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 14 2005 12:34PM