Monument record BUH 016 - Church of St Lawrence (St Andrew)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2715 6955 (87m by 91m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||BRUNDISH, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Church of St Lawrence: Consists of chancel, nave, S Porch, W tower. C12 tower & arch into nave, main structure of nave & chancel C14/C15. Several brasses including one of circa 1360 (one of earliest in county). Details in (S1)(S2)(S3)(S5). Medieval dedication was St Andrew.
2016: Archaeological monitoring during the installation of a new drainage system led to the recording of footings o some of the church buttresses. No evidence of pre-church activity, or of an earlier church, was seen and no burials were disturbed. The only finds recovered during the work were two fragments of window glass of post-medieval or later date, and some fragmentary of modern pottery (S4)
- <S1> SSF16083 Bibliographic reference: Pevsner N & Radcliffe E. 1974. The Buildings of England: Suffolk. 119.
- <S2> SSF3293 Bibliographic reference: Cautley H M. 1975. Suffolk Churches. 247.
- <S3> SSF6988 (No record type): Goult W, A Survey of Suffolk Parish History, E Suffolk A-H, 1990.
- <S4> SSF58925 Unpublished document: Bates, S.. 2016. Archaeological Monitoring Report: The Church of St Lawrence, Brundish.
- <S5> SSF58926 Unpublished document: Richmond, H.. 2014. Conservation Report: Church of St Lawrence, Brundish.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Apr 1 2019 11:29AM