Monument record FNM 010 - Church of St Mary (Med)

Please read our .


Church of St Mary.


Grid reference Centred TM 3625 5997 (59m by 81m) (Centred on)
Map sheet TM35NE


Type and Period (2)

Full Description

Church of St Mary. Consists of chancel, nave & tower. Not recorded in Domesday survey although much propped N & S walls still retain Norman slit windows. C14 chancel. Visited by Dowsing 1643. Remains of rood screen - two panels of upper part remaining well traceried and with traces of colour. Modern font in C13 style. 1883 restoration. Church now disused and declared redundant in 1982 (S1)(S2)(S3). Not actually redundant.

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <S1> Bibliographic reference: Cautley H M. 1975. Suffolk Churches. 284.
  • <S2> Bibliographic reference: Pevsner N & Radcliffe E. 1974. The Buildings of England: Suffolk. 210.
  • <S3> (No record type): Goult W, A Survey of Suffolk Parish History: E Sufolk A-H, 1990.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Mar 5 2015 3:03PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.