Poorly Located Find Spot record LKD 091 - Home Heath? Lackford (Palaeolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TL 7 7 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||LACKFORD, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
C 1915. Implement of "Warren Hill patina" (handaxe) (SEW).
A 'triangular stone knife' exhibited by Armstrong L in 1915 (S1) ; this may be the Pal nosed implement listed in Sturge Collection from Lackford (with large Neolithic collection) (S3) which Roe notes as a Pal handaxe (S4, S2).
Wymer (S5), comments that the provenence of this item is unknown.
Formerly recorded as LKD MISC.
- --- SSF59351 Digital archive: Wymer, J.J.. 1999. The Lower Palaeolithic Occupation of Britain (TERPs) The Lower Palaeolithic Occupation of Britain (TERPS). 22610.
- <S1> SSF16521 Article in serial: J. T. Hotblack. 1914-1918. Summary of Proceedings. 2. PPSEA 2, 1914-1918, 156.
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL77SE48, 1977.
- <S3> SSF21387 Bibliographic reference: Smith, R.A. 1931. Sturge Collection. Smith R A, Sturge Collection, 1931, 129.
- <S4> SSF17674 Bibliographic reference: Roe, Derek.. 1968. A Gazetteer of British Lower & Middle Palaeolithic sites. Roe D A, A Gaz of British Lower & Middle Palaeolithic sites, CBA RR 8, 1968, 272.
- <S5> SSF50084 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J.. 1985. Palaeolithic Sites of East Anglia.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jul 16 2020 2:27PM