Monument record FNG 012 - Church of St Andrew

Please read our .

Summary

A church plus 30 acres free land and 1 acre meadow is listed at Finborough in the Domesday survey of 1086.

Location

Grid reference Centred TM 0135 5794 (100m by 78m) (Centred on)
Map sheet TM05NW
Civil Parish GREAT FINBOROUGH, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (2)

Full Description

A church plus 30 acres free land and 1 acre meadow is listed at Finborough in the Domesday survey of 1086.
Church of St Andrew. Consists of chancel, nave, N chapel, S porch, W tower and spire.
C14: Original building.
1874-77: Completely rebuilt except for porch (S1).
To SW of Finborough Hall and Finborough Park.

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <S1> (No record type): Goult W, A Survey of Suffolk Parish History: E Suffolk A-H, 1990.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Mar 6 2012 10:55AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.