Monument record BRD 091 - Brandon Park; Brandon Park House

Please read our .

Summary

Park associated with Brandon Park House.

Location

Grid reference Centred TL 7855 8511 (100m by 100m) (Centred on)
Map sheet TL78NE
Civil Parish BRANDON, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (5)

Full Description

Park associated with Brandon Park House. Not surveyed by Dr Tom Williamson. Not shown on Hodskinson's map of 1783. Said to have been owned by Edward Bliss in 1814 (who planted 8 million trees in the parish circa 1828)(S1). Burke's & Savill's guide dates house to 1826 (S2).
Park includes various features such as various circular and irregular plantations - see for example tithe map of 1838 and OS 1:2500 maps of 1905.
Extent of park not plotted on HER map - NGR to house only.
See also (R1).

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <R1> (No record type): Williamson Dr T, Survey of Historic Parks and Gardens in Suffolk, 1993.
  • <S1> Bibliographic reference: Goult. W. 1990. A Survey of Suffolk Parish History: W Suffolk,.
  • <S2> (No record type): Burke's and Savill's Guide to Country Houses: Vol 3: East Anglia, 1981, 218.

Finds (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Apr 27 2010 3:24PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.