Monument record LMD 082 - Roman Way
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 862 447 (141m by 143m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||LONG MELFORD, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (6)
1994: Assessment excavation in advance of housing development at the Southern end of Long Melford Roman settlement and just south of excavation LMD 031, revealed several gullies containing C1 pottery, probably dating to immediately post conquest years (40-60 AD). Details in (S2).
1994-1997: Monitoring of footings for 25 houses followed and revealed further evidence for LIA/Early Roman settlement, mainly in the form of ditches including three possible rectilinear enclosures. Details in (S3).
- <S1> SSF19168 (No record type): SAU, Caruth J, assessment archive, June 1994.
- <M1> SSF45356 (No record type): Assessment Archive: (S1).
- <S2> SSF50875 Unpublished document: Caruth, J.. 1994. Eval report. Roman Way, Long Melford.
- <S3> SSF50932 Unpublished document: Jo, DG, MS AND AT. 1997. Mon report. Roman Way, Long Melford.
- <S4> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. PSIAH, 38 (3), 1995, p.355.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jul 17 2013 2:20PM