Monument record WFL 012 - Holbrook Hall (original)

Please read our .

Summary

Site of original Holbrook Hall.

Location

Grid reference Centred TL 917 450 (135m by 167m) (Centred on)
Map sheet TL94NW
Civil Parish LITTLE WALDINGFIELD, BABERGH, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (3)

Full Description

Site of original Holbrook Hall. Construction date unknown - documentary search needed. Destroyed by fire (1870s) originally a Tudor building. Rebuilt (1883) on site further north of former building (S1).
Shown on OS first edition and Hodskinson's maps (S2)(S3).
Hall with landscape 'canal' to east and gardens and estate buildings to N & W shown on tithe map (rough sketch in parish file). Hall site now crossed by approach way/drive to new Hall.

Sources/Archives (4)

  • <M1> Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: copy (S2).
  • <S1> Bibliographic reference: Goult. W. 1990. A Survey of Suffolk Parish History: W Suffolk,.
  • <S2> (No record type): OS, first edition, 1 inch map, 1838.
  • <S3> Cartographic materials: Hodskinson, J.. 1783. The County of Suffolk surveyed.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Jan 3 2012 4:13PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.