Monument record LVT 036 - Medieval ditches, confirmed by evaluation trenching. (Med)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2334 4035 (168m by 145m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||LEVINGTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
November 1997: Evaluation trenching within area of cropmark, LVT 030, confirmed presence of ditches (S3). Some were dated as Med, others may be Preh. ?Monitoring of removal of topsoil (S1).
See also Neo, Sax & Preh.
The Medieval ditches noted above (S1) have been mapped as part of the Suffolk Coastal NMP project. See LVT 030 for details. (S2)
- <S1> SSF17941 (No record type): SAU (Boulter S), Home Farm, Nacton, Record of Archaeological Monitoring, report nos 97/75, 1997 & 98.
- <M1> SSF46648 (No record type): Evaluation archive:.
- <M2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S1).
- <S2> SXS50100 Verbal communication: Newsome, S.. 2001 -. Suffolk Coastal NMP Project. Sarah Newsome 14/02/03.
- <S3> SSF50056 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service evaluation report. Boulter, S., SCCAS. Evalution report 97/75, November 1997..
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (3)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Aug 13 2013 12:34PM