Monument record BSE 191 - 36 Cornhill (ex Lawsons TV shop)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 85273 64376 (3m by 3m)|
|Civil Parish||BURY ST EDMUNDS, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
October 2000: Monitoring revealed soil profile intact below concrete, consisting of a c.20cm deep build up of occupation debris from which finds were collected. A small sondage excavated through the occupation layer close to the rear of the shop struck a surface of flint cobbles 60cms below washroom floor at rear of 'Lawsons' TV and Radio shop (S1).
- <S1> SSF51734 Unpublished document: Gill, D.. 2001. Archaeological Monitoring Report, 36 Cornhill (formerly Lawson's electrical shop), Bury St Edmunds, BSE 191.
- FSF25803: BRICK (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF25804: TILE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF25805: POTTERY (19th century to 20th century - 1801 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF25806: ANIMAL REMAINS (Undated)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 29 2018 4:23PM