Monument record HVH 039 - Intercutting Roman and Iron-Age ditches and pits.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 65759 44998 (82m by 73m)|
|Civil Parish||HAVERHILL, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
July 1998: Full excavation of proposed housing development revealed series of intercutting LIA/Early Roman ditches and pits. Part of excavation, which included HVH 035, 036 and 037 in July 1998 at Burton End and Puddlebrook, Haverhill. Several Late Iron Age and early to mid Roman ditches and pits revealed. Main find type was the pottery (S1).
- <S1> SSF50028 Excavation archive: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Excavation Report. Willett A M, SCCAS Excavation Report, 2000/75, July 2001, ill.
- FSF26246: POTTERY (Late Iron Age to Roman - 100 BC to 409 AD)
- FSF26247: TILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF26248: BRICK (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF26249: ANIMAL REMAINS (Late Iron Age to Roman - 100 BC to 409 AD)
- FSF26250: FLAKE (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 1501 BC?)
- FSF26288: MOLLUSCA REMAINS (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF50241: BLADE (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 1501 BC?)
- FSF50242: SCRAPER (TOOL) (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 1501 BC?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Feb 3 2020 11:17AM