Monument record IPS 400 - Morrison's Supermarket, Boss Hall, Ipswich, (IAS 7929).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1397 4525 (41m by 34m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (6)
Oct 2000: Monitoring and Excavation which revealed the majority of a double ring ditch (external ditch circa 35m diameter, internal circa 24m diameter) and four graves of Bronze Age date. Central to the inner ring were four intersecting graves, containing very little skeletal material but did include four near complete Beaker pots. Details in (S1)
- <S1> SSF51705 Unpublished document: Everett, L. 2000. Excavation report. Morrison's Stores, Boss Hall, Ipswich.
- FSF26487: POTTERY BEAKER (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 1501 BC)
- FSF26488: POTTERY (Early Iron Age to Middle Iron Age - 800 BC to 101 BC)
- FSF26489: POTTERY IPSWICH (Middle Saxon to IPS: Early Late Saxon - 650 AD to 850 AD)
- FSF26490: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 1501 BC)
- FSF42329: BLADE (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 1501 BC)
- FSF42330: POTTERY (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- FSF42331: POTTERY (Late Neolithic - 3000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FSF42332: POTTERY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF42333: POTTERY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF42334: PEG TILE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF42335: TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jun 18 2018 9:45AM