Monument record CHT 014 - 24/25 Churchfield Road (IA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 88881 42120 (80m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||CHILTON, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
A single, probably Iron Age, ditch, an undated pit and the remnants of one other Bronze Age feature, revealed during monitoring of development on the Chilton Industrial Estate at Sudbury, near the major 1997 excavation of Iron Age site (CHT 009) (S1).
- <S1> SSF51137 Unpublished document: Caruth, J.. 2002. Archaeological Monitoring Report. 24/25 Church Field Road., Chilton.
- FSF28116: POTTERY (Late Iron Age - 100 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF28117: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF28118: POTTERY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF28119: COIN (Roman - 270 AD to 286 AD)
- FSF28120: BUCKLE (IPS: Early Anglo-Saxon to IPS: Early Middle Saxon - 501 AD to 700 AD)
- FSF28121: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Late Iron Age - 100 BC to 42 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Oct 25 2022 4:27PM