Poorly Located Find Spot record TDD 042 - Tuddenham General, (Palaeolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TL 74 71 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||TUDDENHAM, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Pre 1919: Implements in the collection of Dr W A Sturge (S1).
Fifteen hand-axes from various unlocated sites (in various museums) including Field Farm (TL 737 701), (S2, S3, S6, S7).
1935, other dates? Also Terminal Palaeolithic material, (S4, S5)
Formerly recorded as TDD MISC
- <S1> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. Victoria County History, Suffolk (VCH). 262.
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL77SW51, 1978.
- <S3> SSF17674 Bibliographic reference: Roe, Derek.. 1968. A Gazetteer of British Lower & Middle Palaeolithic sites.
- <S4> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 264, 333, 11612.
- <S5> SSF59354 Unpublished document: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. P 227.
- <S6> SSF59351 Digital archive: Wymer, J.J.. 1999. The Lower Palaeolithic Occupation of Britain (TERPs) The Lower Palaeolithic Occupation of Britain (TERPS). 22513.
- <S7> SSF50084 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J.. 1985. Palaeolithic Sites of East Anglia.
- FSF14241: HANDAXE (Acheulean - 531000 BC? to 298000 BC?)
- FSF51243: OVATE HANDAXE (Acheulean - 531000 BC? to 298000 BC?)
- FSF51244: BURIN (Terminal Palaeolithic (Ahrensburgian, Long Blade) - 9700 BC? to 9400 BC?)
- FSF51245: LONG BLADE (Terminal Palaeolithic (Ahrensburgian, Long Blade) - 9700 BC? to 9400 BC?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jun 16 2020 10:29AM