Monument record BRC 015 - Anglian Water, Norse Avenue Offsite Scheme, Bradfield Combust
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9024 5806 (57m by 39m)|
|Civil Parish||BRADFIELD COMBUST WITH STANNINGFIELD, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
An archaeological evaluation revealed Early Iron Age evidence in the form pottery contained in several pits and a ditch. Another ditch was revealed which could possibly linked with the disused GNR railway which was known to run close by. Trenches 3, 4 and 5 contained probable recent field boundaries and drainage gullies (S1).
- <S1> SSF53823 Unpublished document: Crawley, P.. 2011. Archaeological Evaluation Report, Anglian Water, Norse Avenue Offsite Scheme, Bradfield combust, BRC 015.
- FSF35013: POTTERY (Early Iron Age - 800 BC to 401 BC)
- FSF35014: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF45599: BURNT FLINT (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF45600: ANIMAL REMAINS (Unknown date)
- FSF45601: FIRED CLAY (Unknown date)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 5 2017 4:50PM