Farmstead record LKD 058 - Farmstead: Lackford Hall (Hall Farm)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8018 7060 (209m by 104m)|
|Civil Parish||LACKFORD, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (7)
- BARN (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- GRANARY (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- CART SHED (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- ANIMAL SHED (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- FARMSTEAD (16th century - 1500 AD to 1599 AD)
- FARMHOUSE (16th century - 1500 AD to 1599 AD)
- MODEL FARM (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
Lackford Hall (Hall Farm) is a farmstead visible on the 1st Ed Os map. The farmstead is laid out in a model farm plan with the farmhouse detached and set away from the working buildings. The farmstead sits alongside a private track in an isolated location. There has been a partial loss of working buildings with the remaininf converted for residential use. (S2-5)
Planned mid-19th C farm for the Lackford Hall estate which consists of a range of flint and brick structures. This includes a barn with a hipped slate roof, two granaries above 4 bay cartlodges also with hipped slate roofs and livestock sheds with tiled roofs (S1).
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- <S1> SSF54036 Unpublished document: Aitkens, P and Wade-Martins, S.. 1998. The Farmsteads of Suffolk. A Thematic Study.
- <S2> SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- <S3> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- <S4> SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25".
- <S5> SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jun 12 2020 12:37PM