Farmstead record BOU 011 - Farmstead: Further Hall Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2470 5356 (84m by 58m)|
|Civil Parish||BOULGE, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (6)
Further Hall Farm is a farmstead visible on the 1s Ed OS map and the Boulge Tithe map. The farmstead is laid out in a regula L-plan with buildings to the third side and further detached elements. The farmhouse is detached and set away from the yard. The farmhouse is also listed and dated to the 17th century. There is a 17th century timber framed building which is likely to have been used as a neathouse. Much of the L-plan has been lost with the outbuildings and neathouse remaining along with the farmhouse. The farmstead is set at the end of a private track in an isolated position.
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- --- SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- --- SSF59197 Map: Boulge Tithe Map.
- --- SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- --- SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- <S1> SSF54036 Unpublished document: Aitkens, P and Wade-Martins, S.. 1998. The Farmsteads of Suffolk. A Thematic Study.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jun 26 2019 8:43AM