Monument record BAW 010 - Martello Tower W at Rose Cottage, East Lane Farm (SE of)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3559 3976 (243m by 285m)|
|Civil Parish||BAWDSEY, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Martello tower W (number 5), built AD 1810-1812. Just off the beach, built in saucer-shaped hollow, probably artificial. Trap door to rear. Condition good (S1)(S2).
- <M1> SSF40984 (No record type): SAM file:.
- <R1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM33NE1.
- <S1> SSF5242 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. Scheduling information.
- <S2> SSF12424 (No record type): OS, 1 inch map (1st ed), sheet 64, 1838.
- <M2> SSF40985 (No record type): APs: RAF 1953, 58/1007, Nos 0057-0061.
- <S3> SSF54491 Unpublished document: Millward J. 2007. An Assessment of the East Coast Martello Towers.
- <S4> SSF60065 Bibliographic reference: Sutcliffe, S. 1972. Martello towers.
- <S5> SSF60093 Bibliographic reference: 1997. English Martello Towers: A Concise Guide. pg 9-63.
- <S5> SXS50145 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. 1984. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. vol.1218.
- <S6> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Aug 10 2021 10:49AM