Monument record BRD 226 - Late Saxon / early medieval ditches and undated feature, 80 London Road, Brandon, EVAL (ASOL)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 780 863 (15m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||BRANDON, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (5)
The evaluation recorded medieval features, predominantly ditches and also a depression. The undated features comprised a possible quarry pit, a pit and a posthole. The dating evidence is tentative, just 1-2 sherds from the features in Trench 1 (F1017, F1019 and F1021) but 4-6 sherds from the features (F1003 and F1005) in Trench 2. Though small in number the dating evidence is consistently medieval and the sherds are light - moderately abraded (S1).
- --- SSF55447 Unpublished document: Barlow, G and Mustchin, A. 2013. Evaluation Report, 80 London Road, Brandon.
- FSF38364: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF38365: POTTERY THETFORD (Late Saxon - 850 AD to 1065 AD)
- FSF38366: POTTERY ST NEOTS (Late Saxon - 850 AD to 1065 AD)
- FSF38367: SHEARS (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD to 1199 AD)
- FSF38368: ANIMAL REMAINS (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD to 1199 AD)
- FSF38369: POTTERY (12th century to 14th century - 1100 AD to 1399 AD)
- FSF38370: PLANT MACRO REMAINS (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD to 1199 AD)
- FSF38371: PLANT MACRO REMAINS (12th century to 14th century - 1100 AD to 1399 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 29 2018 4:11PM