Monument record ERL 154 - Undated and possible Early Saxon features at Plymouth Road Car Park
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 730 802 (55m by 30m)|
|Civil Parish||ERISWELL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (5)
2006: An archaeological excavation revealed a series of ditches and a small number of pits. Dating evidence for the features was sparse as many features contained no artefacts and where pottery was present it was usually only a single sherd. The majority of the small pottery assemblage was Early Anglo-Saxon in date. Some of the later features may have been the continuation of middle Anglo-Saxon ditches to the north (see ERL 114) (S1).
- <S1> SSF57223 Unpublished document: Duffy, J. & Muldowney, E.. 2009. Archaeological Excavation Report: Plymouth Road Car Park, RAF Lakenheath, Eriswell.
- FSF43972: POTTERY (Early Saxon - 410 AD to 649 AD)
- FSF43973: POTTERY (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF43974: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Late Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 1000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF43975: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF43976: CRUCIFORM BROOCH (Early Saxon - 410 AD to 649 AD)
- FSF43977: ANIMAL REMAINS (Unknown date)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Oct 31 2016 2:58PM