Monument record IPS 383 - Old Cattle Market, Ipswich, (IAS 6801)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 163 444 (26m by 8m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1936: Excavations revealed Ipswich and Thetford Ware pottery. Also Medieval and Post-Medieval pottery and two human skulls (S1-S3).
Part of a late medieval bronze spur with raised studs on the sides (S4).
- <S1> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 6801.
- <S2> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 6801.
- <S3> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. 1936-363, UR.959-406, 1936-437.
- <S4> SSF57815 Machine readable data file: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. 2017. Ipswich PMED Records Spreadsheet.
- FSF40045: POTTERY IPSWICH (Middle Saxon to IPS: Early Late Saxon - 650 AD to 850 AD)
- FSF40046: POTTERY THETFORD (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD to 1100 AD)
- FSF40047: LAMP (IPS: Early Late Saxon to 12th century - 850 AD to 1100 AD)
- FSF40048: POTTERY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF40049: POTTERY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF40050: HUMAN REMAINS (Unknown date)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Aug 10 2017 11:47AM